6 Email Setup
1. Launch Netscape Mail. Click on "Edit" menu and select
"Mail/News Account Settings".
2. Click on “New Account” button to create a new StarHub
3. Click on “ISP or email provider” and click "Next".
4. Enter your name and Email address into the “Your Name”
and “Email Address” field respectively. Click "Next".
5. Select "POP Mail Server" for "Server Type"
and enter "pop.starhub.net.sg" into the "Server Name:"
field. Click "Next".
6. Enter your "userid" into the “User Name:”
field. Click "Next".
(Note: userid refer to your login id in lowercase.)
7. Type "StarHub Account" into the “Account Name:”
field. Click "Next”.
8. Double check if the “User Name”, “Email Address”
& “Server Name” are entered correctly. If the setting
is incorrect, click "Back" to amend the settings. Otherwise,
click "Finish" to complete the setup.
9. When Account Setup is completed, you will see the newly created
account in the left column.
10. Click on the newly created account on the left column, and select
the "Set as Default" button to set this account as the
default email account. Make sure that the Account Settings as shown
on the right are correct.
11. Click on “Outgoing (SMTP) Server” on the left column.
Check that the "SMTP Server" is set correctly to "smtp.starhub.net.sg".
12. Click "OK" to exit from the settings.
13. To start sending/receiving emails, click on the “Get Message”
The next time you wish to check emails, simply launch Outlook
Express and click on “Send/Receive” button.
Internet i.Mail Users:
1.1 How to access i.Mail?
StarHub Internet i.Mail users can access i.Mail via a few locations:
under Value Added Services
under My Account Manager
Enter your i.Mail User ID and password, then click on submit
Inbox : Display email
Compose Mail : Compose and send an email
Address Book : Listing of all your contact persons and email
Alerts : Define SMS alerts that match "keywords" and other
parameters for the incoming emails
Filters : Filter incoming emails based on preset parameters
Preferences : Edit your personal preferences for outgoing
mails, POP User ID & Passwords, signatures and name used.
Manage Folders : Summary of folder's statistics, such as
number of emails currently in Inbox, Drafts and Trash etc.
External Mail: Retrieve all incoming emails from one of your
POP3 email accounts
FAQs : Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Log off : Exit the i.Mail
i.Mail via Phone (WAP/GPRS) for StarHub GEE! Customers
- Select 1. Info Manager at iPower menu
- Select 1. i.Mail (with alerts)